Adding Effects to widgets

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Mon Nov 21 05:47:26 EST 2016

> BR wrote:
> > hh wrote:
> > > Jeanne D. wrote:
> > > Can you put it in a group and set a drop shadow for the group?
> > This is a real smart trick: Grouping (one or more) widgets.
> > Not only for "adding" bitmap-effects to the widget, also for
> > astounding visual effects by certain combinations of the widget's
> > ink and the group's ink.
> HH: what is one or two examples of an "astounding visual effect"
> that you achieved?

Here are some examples: Just vary below the ink of the group.
Of course the effects need a min-Size of the widget for being notable.
The list has certainly users that have more experience and skills with
using inks than I have.

widget gR ="readingIcon" (com.livecode.widget.svgpath)
[a] the ink of widget gR is "srcCopy"
[b] the foreGroundColor of widget gR is "250,220,160"
[c] the hiliteColor of widget gR is "127,127,127"

widget group gRg="readingIconGroup"
[A] the opaque of grp gRg is false --> important!
[B0] the ink of grp gRg is "blendMultiply"
[B1] the ink of grp gRg is "blendDifference"
[B2] the ink of grp gRg is "blendDstIn" --> 'masking' transparent
[B3] the ink of grp gRg is "blendDstOut" --> 'masking' black
[B4] the ink of grp gRg is ... (depending on background)
[C] the dropshadow is
      angle,60
      blendmode,normal
      color,0,0,0
      distance,1
      filter,box3pass
      knockout,true
      opacity,255
      size,3
      spread,0
[D] the innerGlow of grp gRg is
      blendmode,normal
      color,0,0,0
      filter,box3pass
      opacity,255
      size,2
      spread,0

I also used especially innerGlow with the SVG_Text-widget, which has
more options (for example don't fill the path, just stroke/outline it).