Type on an angle

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Nov 19 18:15:32 EST 2016

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > Working on GUI today I created a field and thinking it would be cool
 > to have it run sideways at an angle along the edge of an element in
 > the background photo… I put this into the msg Box
 >
 > set the angle of fld "cardTitle" to 66
 > "Why is LC's graphic UI stuck in circa 1995!
 > Why is it soooo hard to build good looking UI in this environment!"

Good point.  Far better to make software with Adobe Illustrator. ;)

Years ago I started with something like this:

    import snapshot from fld 1
    set the angle of last image to 90

...and considered extending that to a custom control driven by a
behavior script in which a group had both a field for text entry and a
bitmap for display; double-click hides the bitmap and shows the field
for editing, closeField hides the field and re-renders the bitmap.  I
wound up not needing it, but definitely doable with a very convenient
result.

And like Monte said, with LC Builder you get direct access to Skia, so
you could render with printer-quality output.

If you really want this I'd wager you could make it in an afternoon,
certainly far less time than you'd spend doing it in C, and infinitely
less time than you'd spend trying to do app development with Adobe
Illustrator. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems