Swipe gestures on a mobile scroller

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 19 03:18:07 EST 2016

I have a native mobile scroller handling the vertical scroll of a field.
I want to add swipe gestures to change cards. When swiping, I get a
mouseDown, sporadic mouseMoves (the logging might be interfering, not
sure, but after a couple they stop) and no mouseUp at all.

I tried using touchStart/touchMove/touchEnd instead and the result is
the same. TouchStart always fires, touchMove is iffy, and touchEnd never
happens.

Without the end message I can't calculate the direction. Plain taps work
fine with either set of messages, I do get mouseUp/touchEnd if it's a
tap. It's only swipes that don't report.

The scroller has its hScroll property set to false if that matters, as I
don't want horizontal scrolling but I do want to track the touch direction.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com