Inconsistent results in simple script

dunbarx dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 15:22:14 EST 2016

HI.

So, a single list. What is the relationship between the fact that a
particular barcode refers both to a student and a serial number? In other
words, if you had a single list, how would "12345" relate to both "john doe"
and "SDTKNY12345"?
Would you simply have two lines:

12345,johndoe
12345,SDTKNY12345

Also, I do not understand what you mean when you said:

 "I have cut my username list down to about 30."

Does that mean that in your 1000 line first list, the usernames appear with
multiple barcodes? Or are those lines empty? Or is that list now only 30
lines long?

It looks like this begs for an array, but I am missing what you expect as
output. Whatever it is, the procedure will be simple. But I cannot even
start to advise about that procedure until I know what the answer is.

Craig