[ANN} Release 8.1.2 RC-2

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Wed Nov 16 10:54:45 EST 2016

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.2 RC-2.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================
LiveCode 8.1.2 RC-2 contains bug fixes, stability and security improvements.

In total, 78 bugs have been fixed since the last stable release (LiveCode
8.1.1).

Thanks to the people who tried out RC-1, we have been able to fix the
following issues in this release:

18812 - IDE Crash when opening a card that contains buttons with icons
18823 - Crash during destruction of popup widget stack
18484 - MobilePlaySoundOnChannel cause app crash
18824 - Assertion failure during drag selection
18809 - Not selecting a menu choice in the PI text menu freezes PI
18810 - Cut crashes IDE
18857 - Import as control > Text file doesn't set text of control

Moreover, we have updated the OpenSSL version to 1.1.0c, which includes
important security improvements, including support for the latest secure
encryption algorithms.

All users of previous 8.1.2 RC-1 release are advised to update their copies
of LiveCode as soon as possible.

The full release notes are available from:

http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_2/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_2_rc_2.pdf

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

Have fun!

The LiveCode Team