Height of a group is limited to 32767 (Int16)?

hlowe hlowe at me.com
Sat Nov 12 17:44:16 EST 2016

It appears that the maximum height of a LC group is 32767 pixels. Presumably
LC uses an Int16 data type when drawing? I am using a template-based
datagrid on iOS with a native scroller (Monte's mergDataGridScroller) to
display complex lists and find that the number of items in such a list is
limited to a few hundred items before the maximum group height is reached,
at which point the datagrid disappears. This occurs in LC 8.1.2 (and
earlier) and is a major limitation when trying to create mobile apps that
need to scroll large lists. Now that iOS apps are 64 bit, can we expect this
limitation to go anytime soon?

Henry