Stack name conflicts resolved?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Nov 6 15:50:45 EST 2016

> On 7 Nov. 2016, at 3:57 am, Mark Wieder <ahsoftware at sonic.net> wrote:
>
> Now rename the second stack to "Untitled 1"
>
> The property inspector allows this, but now gets very confused.

Ah… well that’s probably a bug. If the IDE can’t handle multiple stacks with the same name it should not allow this. Even if the IDE were refactored to only refer to stacks by long ID it would still get confused by multiple stacks with the same name that are unsaved. I think the solution is a more robust object handle we can use in scripts it would help I think. Ideally we can get a handle to an object and pass it around and it won’t matter how much we change the ID or name of the object the handle will still be valid. If we had that then we could get lists of stack handles and not get confused if there are multiple with the same name.

Cheers

Monte