loss of access to stacks after "save as"

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 15:15:15 EDT 2016

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:

> Therefore when you subsequently reference the stack by its old filename
> (in the delete) it will load the old stackfile, thus triggering the process
> that occurs when you try to load a stack into memory when one with the same
> name already exists.

OK--but so how do I get rid of the old stack, and get the new one loaded.

This is the only place where I use the filename rather than the stack name
(ok, I compute them on initial load, too).

If I don't delete the old stack, I get the messages that I have two stacks
with the same name, etc.

thanks

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.