tableField . . . refering to columns

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:05:13 EDT 2016

On Nov 3, 2016, at 3:15 PM, Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com> wrote:

> on mouseUp
>   set the itemDelimiter to "^"
>   put line 1 of fld "fPRE" into PREE1
>   put item 1 of PREE1 into tJustTheItem
>   set the itemDeliniter to TAB
>   put tJustTheItem into item 1 of line 1 of fld "fTF"
> end mouseUp

It’s pretty easy to do this kind of thing with some utility handlers. I have a collection of them to enable me to process text in various ways, including:

getItem(pContainer, pIndex, pDelim)
getNestedItem()
getColumns(pData, pColNbrs, pDelim)
deleteColumns(pData, pColNbrs, pDelim)
getGridCell()
replaceItem pList, pItemNbr, pNewItem, pDelim

etc. This allows text processing (which I do a lot of) completely within LC and turns script-it-anew-each-time chunks of code into one-liner calls. Most of these are available in the Master Library, I believe. Or email me if you’re interested.

— Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com