Scripting style: Verbs in function names

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Fri Nov 4 08:11:57 EDT 2016

Thanks all, interesting discussion

There is another aspect of function/handler naming which is their names in relation to APIs - for example I might have a checkConnectivity() function in an mainstack's stack or card which calls a cgi.checkConnectivity() function in a code library called “cgi” - prepending each handler and function in the code library with “cgi” helps me keep track of what is going on and (I think) makes it easier to maintain and use across different mainstacks…

…just my two penneth…

Dave