Scripting style: Verbs in function names

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Nov 3 22:04:21 EDT 2016

> On 4 Nov. 2016, at 12:07 pm, hh <hh at hyperhh.de> wrote:
>
>> Monte wrote:
>> Peter has asked me to "Please name this function with a verb"
>
> Perhaps he simply meant:
> set property "name" of this function to "a verb"?

No I don’t think so. This is common best practice so what’s up for discussion is whether this best practice applies to our language. It seems the general consensus is no but I’m still open to good arguments either way ;-)

I must admit I hadn’t thought about this too much before and had just gone with what felt right but it seems having a discussion of this in a style guide would be handy.

Cheers

Monte