Debugging the IDE

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Nov 3 22:00:44 EDT 2016

On 11/03/2016 05:54 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Bob Sneidar wrote:
>
>> ...I set the global gRevDevelopment to true so I can step through
>> the scripts.
>
> That should not be necessary.

See below.

>> To my horror I am finding a number of errors where a handler is being
>> called that didn't exist, but it never shows up because if
>> gRevDevelopment is false, plugins silently fail.
>
> How?
>
> Plugins are just stacks like any other, they just happen to live in a
> Plugins folder.

Not exactly. Plugin stacks are treated as IDE system stacks. So errors
and breakpoints are silently ignored as long as gRevDevelopment is
false. Setting that property to true enables debugging plugins without
removing them from the Plugins folder but also exposes any errors in the
other system stacks (the active breakpoints in the Project Browser, any
script errors such as the one Bob uncovered).

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com