Scripting style: Verbs in function names

dunbarx dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Nov 3 18:58:46 EDT 2016

Monte.

I think it is more than purely symmetrical "Coke" or Pepsi"

Functions return a value. It is far more natural for me to use a verb:

put GoOutThereAndGetAValue() ...

Though I must admit that any "subRoutine" call is asking for work to be done
elsewhere, so that even a handler is also similarly of this form:

doSomething

But the way function calls are framed begs for, demands a verb, even if
handler calls kind of, ought to, do as well.

Craig