Goofy question about Datagrids

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Nov 2 13:15:06 EDT 2016

If you want to total a column in a simple table field, assuming column 8,
this is my long-winded approach.

on mouseUp
   set the itemDel to TAB
   constant tColumn = 8
   constant tFieldName = "myFakeSpreadsheet"
   put the number of lines of fld tFieldName into tLineCount
   if line -1 of fld tFieldName contains "TOTALS:" then
      delete line -1 of fld tFieldName
      put cr & "TOTALS:" after fld tFieldName
   else
      put cr & "TOTALS:" after fld tFieldName
   end if
   repeat for each line thisLine in fld tFieldName
      put item tColumn of thisLine & comma after tListOfNumbers
   end repeat
   put sum(tListOfNumbers) into tTotal
   put tTotal into item tColumn of line -1 of fld tFieldName
end mouseUp

~Roger