short name broken?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Nov 1 15:37:29 EDT 2016

Hi Richard

When I was working on lcVCS we discussed this on the engine forums and agreed that the properties -> “name” should be empty instead of this abbreviated id. So you can use that to work out if there’s no name. I’m still not sure why it’s helpful for the short name to be returned as an abbreviated id instead of empty apart from in the IDE but that is so easy to script it would seem to be a non-issue...

Cheers

Monte