Internet date

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 1 10:24:25 EDT 2016

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > Is the internet date in a consistent format in every country? That
 > is, except for the spelling of the day and month names, is the format
 > always the same?

I believe all dates in LC are delivered using US English spellings,
except when explicitly directed otherwise by setting the useSystemDate
to true.

With the Internet date, though, the Dictionary notes that it follows RFC
2822, which IIFC only supports US English date element names, so I think
it should be unaffected by the useSystemDate.

If anyone using a non-US English system can double-check the format
after setting the useSystemDate to true it would be helpful to confirm that.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems