[ widget that turns text horizontal ]

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Mon May 30 04:01:39 EDT 2016

Bill,

I apparently completely misunderstood what you wanted to do.

here is a script that I hope is close to what you have in mind.

Please watch out for line breaks in the script due to text wrapping

local sTurning = false
local sDegree, sAngleStep, sSizeOfText, sEndSizeOfText, sTextIncrease

on mouseUp
   if sTurning = false then
      put true into sTurning
      put "This is Bills text" into tText
      put 220 into sDegree -- change to start at different angle
      put 3 into sAngleStep -- change to change speed
      put 22 into sSizeOfText  -- can be higher than sEndOfText ->
decreasing
      put 40 into sEndSizeOfText -- set this to sSizeOfText to stop size
change

      put (sEndSizeOfText - sSizeOfText)/((360-sDegree)/sAngleStep) into
sTextIncrease
      lock screen
      set the displayText of widget "turnText" to tText
      set the turnAngle of widget "turnText" to sDegree
      set the sizeOfText of widget "turnText" to sSizeOfText
      unlock screen
      send "showTheText" to me in 0 milliseconds
   else
      put false into sTurning
   end if
end mouseUp

on showTheText
   if sTurning then
      if sDegree > 360 then
         set the turnAngle of widget "turnText" to 360
         set the sizeOfText of widget "turnText" to sEndSizeOfText
         put false into sTurning
         exit showTheText
      end if
      lock screen
      set the turnAngle of widget "turnText" to sDegree
      set the sizeOfText of widget "turnText" to  trunc (sSizeOfText)
      unlock screen
      add sAngleStep to sDegree
      add sTextIncrease to sSizeOfText
      send showTheText to me in 20 milliseconds
   end if
end showTheText

change what is indicated in the comments to customize

Kind regards

Bernd

Wprothero wrote