[blog] Quicktime Dependency Solved

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri May 27 11:35:34 EDT 2016

On 5/27/2016 9:52 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> think everyone on the team has made it clear that this work in
> response to Apple's deprecation of Quicktime or Windows would be
> specific to Windows.
>
> But in all fairness, I can appreciate the longing to have video and
> audio playback restored on Linux.  This used to work many years ago,
> but it got progressively worse over the years and for the last few
> years hasn't been possible at all.

Pus there was the cross-platform media player that was a stretch goal in
the original open source Kickstarter. While recent work was promised for
Windows only, there are people still looking for that deliverable which,
I know, will eventually be there.

As a developer who uses LiveCode for (among may reasons) the write once,
deploy everywhere model, I really would like to see more features that
are abstracted to work across all supported platforms.

I think LiveCode 9 should be the "robustness" release and just focus on
bugs, documentation, and extending features that should work everywhere
to working everywhere.