Ho to pay pledge

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 25 09:49:12 EDT 2016

Malte Brill wrote:

 > My link worked. First I could not log in. Afterwards I was a little
 > cheesed off that the only option to pay was by credit card. Oh well…

I thought they were using PayPal now.

WorldPay had so many issues I'm not sure how it stays in business, and
PayPal has the extra advantage few other payment systems have:  because
its users can have their own balance in PayPal separate from their
credit cards and bank accounts, customers tend to spend PayPal money
more freely than other options; it feels like play money to many.

I had my customers demanding PayPal for many years before I switched,
and once I did the only regret was that I hadn't done so earlier.  Most
of my customers make their living exclusively from online sales so they
have more data than I do, and some of them earn far more than I do.
They're in a position to know firsthand about "the PayPal Effect", and
even if the fees are slightly higher than with other payment options the
volume and lower payment support costs have made it strongly
net-positive for me, and for everyone I know.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems