Infinite Livecode Pledge

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Tue May 24 10:56:44 EDT 2016

It is completely different.  VAT comes off the top line, like an excise
tax.  Income tax comes off the bottom line.  Therefore, if a firm is
plowing funds into development, it can be at or below 0 on the bottom line,
therefore the tax on the funds would be zero, and depending on its previous
history, there may even be a federal rebate.  Sales tax doesn't apply in a
case like this because you aren't getting a LC t-shirt, playing cards,
phone sleeve, etc.  Then there is the difference between S-corps and
C-corps, and their bases and rates, which would further depress the tax on
the take.