Infinite Livecode Pledge

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue May 24 09:57:40 EDT 2016

Lagi Pittas wrote:

 > I have just paid my pledge and I was cheesed off that  20% of
 > my DONATION/PLEDGE has gone to the government.
 >
 > If doing feature exchange is to save Kickstarter fees it certainly
 > doen't do that.

It doesn't seem much different from how it works in the States - from
the Kickstarter tax guide:

    In general, in the US, funds raised on Kickstarter are considered
    income.
    Sales tax may also be applicable in certain cases depending on the
    local rules. In general, sales tax applies only if the creator has
    sufficient connection to the location of the backer.

<https://www.kickstarter.com/help/taxes>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems