Positive Infinity forever

Mick Collins mickclns at mac.com
Sun May 22 21:50:03 EDT 2016

(Try again, apologies for accidentally sending)
... typo
When you said
" 2^AJ=A(J+1)"

I wonder if you meant
"2^AJ   >=   A(J+1)"

To many that may seem like nit-picking, but it is a NIT. However, if you MEANT what you wrote, then it is a YUGE NIT. It would mean that someone (Halmos?) found an extension of ZFC that trumps (sorry) Cohen's independence of CH. Is that the case?

> On May 22, 2016, at 9:18 PM, Mick Collins <mickclns at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Doc Hawk,
> I'm envious that you took a course from Halmos, but I question what is probably a typo.
>
> "Dr. Hawkins" <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, which infinity?  aleph-naught (A0) is the count of the
> integers/wholes/natural
>
> A1=2^A0, the count of the reals.
>
> For that mater 2^AJ=A(J+1)
>
> A1-A0=A1
>
> Aj^n=Aj
>
> A0 is also "countable"; A1 and higher are not.
>

> Yes, I really took a course  on that, from the master himself (Halmos)
>
> -- Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462