Cloning a SQLite (or any SQL) database

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sun May 22 16:46:39 EDT 2016

On 5/22/2016 11:19 AM, Mike Bonner wrote:
> If you just need to duplicate the database, would making a copy of the file
> be sufficient?

Yes. I should have been clearer. While I could just copy the file for a
sqlite db, this app may use MySQL (or someday, possible other flavors of
SQL database) and I'd like to have a generalized routine that just
relies on LiveCode and "standard" SQL commands.

Also I already see that "standard" SQL commands may be an issue in that
I would have assumed DESCRIBE <table> to get the details of a table was
part of sqlite, but now I see you need to use other tricks to get a
table description in sqlite.