Livecode audio recording & pledging

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Sun May 22 02:08:27 EDT 2016

Hi

I consider myself very much a hobbyist programmer these days but when
the opportunity comes up to help develop some fun projects, Livecode is
my goto language of choice. It has certainly come a long way since the
Metacard days!

A few years ago I developed some software (mac & pc) to allow users to
create audio story books. I worked fine but the as the problems
associated with Quicktime got worse I ended up having to use a
combination of shell calls to SoX and FFmpeg to record and play sound
with LC.

That project has since moved onto another development team (yes, a whole
team) but I found it quite interesting how very few high level languages
support good cross platform audio recording.

I have just doubled my pledge because although the multimedia
capabilities of LC were really starting to date I think things are
really starting to improve with LC8 and having something as simple as
cross platform audio recording is quite important.

Everyone uses LC for different reasons and it can only get better ;-)

regards
alex