Arrays vs databases

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:20:42 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Mark Talluto <mark at canelasoftware.com>
wrote:

> Using arrays to make your own key/value type database is very doable. The
> performance is probably indistinguishable with other databases for many
> types of apps. You can store data to disk easily with arrayEncode(); LSON
> as Richard has coined it.

I did this, and accessed by function calls.

And then I adjusted the function to allow it to be either an array or a
:memory: SQLite.

And then I found that the database worked far better for me.  Particularly,
the ability to SELECT WHERE works very well for what I'm doing.  I would
have had to reinvent this with a way to loop through my array in live code
(quite doable, yes) which is already there with the database.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462