AW: Don't understand unicode handling

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri May 20 13:53:05 EDT 2016

Bonsoir Thierry,

thank you for the helpful link, with your help, I found the right
conversion, though I don't understand what is going on :)
For my issue the solution was not to use uniEncode() when importing the file
into LC, but just putting the file into a field.
But using uniDecode() when exporting it from LC.

I think my problem is that you don't see what type of coding a file has. If
you have to handle with unknown data, you just have to try the different
combinations of encode/decode/do nothing with the data, because a file has
no label "I am UTF-8".

Thanks
Tiemo