Another Q from the Yahoo HC group

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:15:31 EDT 2016

Sorry, but got caught by this.

"Op 10-May-16 om 14:38 schreef Andrew Ferguson
andrewferguson500 at ... [HyperCard]:

 > A modernised UI was one of the stated goals of the kickstarter project.
 > This hasn't been started yet, though, and I can't find any mention of it
 > in the LiveCode roadmap.
 >
 > Perhaps when the LiveCode team get round to this, we could contribute?"

I do remember an idea for a sort "all-covering-the-desktop" type UI was
mentioned
during the Kickstarter (in fact I mentioned it 2 or 3 times
subsequently), but:

1. "modernised": if modernising the UI means making something so one
cannot get at the desktop while
one is working, forget it!

2. If modernising the UI means making the UI look exactly like the UI of
Visual Basic et al, forget it!

3. That word "modernise" is semantically slithery.

4. What's wrong with the present UI in &.0 and the slightly tweaked one
in 8.0?

"I can't find any mention of it in the LiveCode roadmap."

Has this been "quietly dropped" because . . . err . . . it's not really
needed/wanted
and/or is about 1 million times less important that all the other REALLY
CLEVER STUFF
that is going into LC 8.0 ?

Richmond.