Installing LiveCode 8

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 19 02:06:10 EDT 2016

Unfortunately images aren't attached to mailing list posts so we can't
see your problem. Most people use a shared link to DropBox.

As for your problem, I'm on OSX 10.9.5 with LC8.0.1 rc 1 and the
Dictionary loads fine. The Dictionary prior to LC8.0 dp 15 wasn't very
usable (for me) and looked pretty blank. So if your LC8 isn't dp 15 or
newer I'd suggest trying a newer version. There have been a few
complaints about the Dictionary after the LC 8.0.1 rc 1 release, but
they are reference Linux and gui issues on all platforms, including El
Capitan - so others must be seeing the Dictionary. So even if you are
on one of the latest releases, I'd suggest trashing it, downloading
the installer again directly from here:

http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

and trying again.