A Personal Challenge

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Wed May 18 23:06:58 EDT 2016

Apologies for cross posting...

In the last couple of days, 173 backers (excluding Livecode) have
contributed $22,833 towards the Infinite Livecode campaign (or about $130
dollars each). So first a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed
because I know times are tough. But I also know this is an incredible deal.
First, we expand our developer base from a handful of great contributors in
Edinburgh to well, frankly, all of us. Yes, with Infinite all of us can
contribute in real and meaningful ways to the development of Livecode.
That’s HUGE!  Second we get Todd’s wonderful offer of an OPEN SOURCE version
of his wrapped WordPress functionality so (a) we can see how to do that and
(b) we can build really great e-commerce sites for fun or profit. We get
both of these for what? $130 ??!? Wow, that is an amazing deal.

So, here’s my challenge: I know we all know this is worth way more so I just
went and DOUBLED my contribution. If you have contributed already I
challenge you to do the same. I know, it’s going to hurt. I really do… I’ve
been there :)  But only for a second and then you are going to feel really
great about what you’ve just done for Livecode and for yourself. I guarantee
that. As for the rest, if you have not yet contributed, we need your help
too. So I challenge you to contribute what you can. That’s all I ask:
contribute what you can. Because in this campaign every dollar is going to
count towards something great.

Thanks, now go double down!!

Mark