Missing split option?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed May 18 11:53:25 EDT 2016

I was thinking of having a hidden data grid for the sole purpose of converting your data to an array. The repeat loop you are looking for may already been written in the datagrid library, which begs the possibility, why not get that function from the datagrid library itself? Might have some methods that will prove useful.

Bob S

On May 18, 2016, at 08:37 , Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com<mailto:ambassador at fourthworld.com>> wrote:

> But it occurs to me that datagrids do this by nature. If you were to
> set the dgText of a data grid, then get the dgData of the same, you
> would get the exact effect you seek.

Good for the Master part of my Master-Detail layout, but this is for the Detail part. I'm writing a generic handler to populate Detail views from an array containing the data for a record selected in the Master view (never gonna type that generic code again! <g>).

DGs will give the array directly so I don't need to deal with that when using those as the Master, but more often I use list fields for the Master, where it would be convenient to have the array made in one line.

Minor issue though, certainly fast enough to just write a loop function for that and move on....

--
Richard Gaskin