Missing split option?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 18 10:36:20 EDT 2016

This morning it seemed natural enough to me to take this data:

ID    Name      Email
101   Richard   rg at somedomain.com

...and turn that into an array where the first line determines the key
names and the second line consists of the values using this:

   split tData by column with cr and tab

I found that when splitting by column the "with" clause throws an error.

Such cases are for data so small that I don't mind writing a loop to
create the array.  But it seems common enough that I would imagine
others have tried this and met with similar disappointment that it's not
already built in.

Or is it?  Is there some other syntax I might try to do that?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems