Defaults for groups

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 16 15:50:31 EDT 2016

On 5/16/2016 10:28 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> A group, its dimensions, it's rect, and its properties are comprised
> of the objects it groups and nothing more. It is not the business of
> the IDE to start adding "adornments" (borders, line width, show name,
> margins)

Aside from the backward compatibility issue, LC is being consistent
within its own paradigm. All LC objects have a margin: buttons, fields,
progress bars, players, images. If a group had no margins it would
create an internal inconsistency, which might just be another type of
confusion for new users. Margins are pretty much universal in LC.

I do see that widgets in LC 8 do not always have margins though.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com