QR Codes in LiveCode these days?

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Mon May 16 11:04:04 EDT 2016

On Monday, May 16, 2016, Mark Rauterkus <mark.rauterkus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What about QR Codes in LiveCode?
>
> What is the latest?
>
> I see some things from the past, but is there any pointers for the full
> solution?
> Would QR Codes make a prime example for a widget? QR Code reader in an app
> and a QR Code utility to make them in another app/software?
>
> Can QR Codes work in the open source / community edition?
>
> Does that make sense for a community project, Open-Source QR Code solution
> and tutorial and examples?

Hi Mark. Monte has a solution for making and reading QR codes. The making
part is all LiveCode. It is a protected stack so it will not work on
community edition. The reading part is an external. I imagine it would work
just fine on community. The external is mobile only. I have only used it
for iOS. Not sure if it supports android.

Monte will be able to answer this better. I have been using this
functionality on a recent project. It works really well.

Mark
Canelasoftware.com
Livecloud.io

--