Infinite LiveCode - Message from CEO

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Fri May 13 17:34:42 EDT 2016

Hi Rick,

1. Sometimes the data is blind, sometimes it is not. When analyzing the
survey for most purposes we strip out any identifying data so this is
irrelevant to the person doing the analysis.

2. Sometimes we indicate the number of questions and sometimes we do not.
It depends on what the survey is for, who it is going to and how it has
been designed.

3. Some surveys do things like that depending on what the user answers,
most do not. Sometimes this is the right approach if we are fairly sure we
want to go in a particular direction for some other reason and want to pin
down some specifics. Other times we do large independent surveys entirely
separate from this sort of analysis. You will get different surveys
depending on your demographics within our user base. And we do sample
widely enough to get representative results.

Rick just so you know my dad, Dr Miller used to play a major role in
organizing the EU young people drug and alcohol survey for the UK. He
regularly provided support to students learning how to design surveys so
as to avoid bias and how to apply statistics to survey analysis. My mum,
also Dr Miller, used to lecture in experimental design at university
level. I have also had the pleasure and privilege of working with CEOs and
product managers of far larger organizations than ours and been able to
discuss at length our survey strategy with them. While there is always
room for improvement, I am extremely confident the for the most part we
get good data, ask good questions and make better decisions as a result of
these surveys.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

On 13/05/2016, 22:00, "use-livecode on behalf of Rick Harrison"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of