Infinite LiveCode - Message from CEO

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 13 17:17:41 EDT 2016

On 5/13/2016 2:02 PM, Paul Dupuis wrote:
> My first gut reaction was "So, I and the other 24% minority of people
> paying for licenses are funding an awesome development tool that some
> 76% of you folks out there are using for free. People who only use
> Community and grip should be sending the 24% of us who pay thank you cards!"

I had the same reaction. It is, to my mind, the height of chutzpah to
complain about things one receives for free. It is a delusion to think
that a contribution to a kickstarter 3 years ago is still funding
current development.

The team needs a steady source of income to continue development into
the future. If only 1/4 of the user base is paying for that then
development will slow or founder. I am amazed and grateful for the work
the team has done on such slim resources provided by only a fraction of
the user base. They should be receiving accolades.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com