HTML5 LC Download Icon?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Fri May 13 15:24:03 EDT 2016

Hi Peter,

The reason I’ve been playing around with the Community Version of HTML5
was so I could determine if HTML5 was ready for primetime for me to start my
Indy License which I prepaid for when I backed the KickStarter Campaign for it.

I wanted to make sure that the Indy version didn’t have icons forced upon my
app that I didn’t want, hence my question.

I’m glad to hear that the Indy version doesn’t include that piece of code.

My vision of HTML5 apparently was totally different from what the team
envisioned.  What I wanted was something that would generate the
HTML5 code which I would put on my server that would then execute
as a LiveCode App.  Instead the engine and the app are downloaded
to the users computer.  Why is this better than the Web Plug-In we used
to have which used to do something similar?

I also noticed that there is a spinning wheel which indicates the download.
Wouldn’t a progress bar be better so the user has some idea of how
long the wait might be?  Is it possible to create a progress bar for that,
or is it beyond the capability as it now stands?

Sadly, since the database/file persistence hasn’t been implemented, this
version of HTML5 is pretty worthless to me.  Now I’m again left with the
dilemma of trying to figure out if I should start using my Indy License
for HTML5 or not.

Thanks for getting back to me Peter!

Rick