Infinite LiveCode - Message from CEO

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:49:02 EDT 2016

I just pledged. Both sides of the conversation make sense, and obviously I
ended up on the "pledge" side of it. Getting the widgets and LCB working to
"wrap" several more popular languages will dramatically increase the
utility of everything we already know how to do in Livecode. That's the
main value proposition for me. I only have to learn one (one and a half
now?) language and I can make things happen on all the major operating
systems, the server, soon in browsers. Being able to grab existing code
from, and collaborate with, everyone who doesn't know Livecode will be
fantastic.

Also, I'm approaching the pledge from the perspective of starting my own
company. The way Livecode is going about it is more or less the same way
I'd prefer to go about it. I'd prefer to have a direct relationship where I
solve someone's problem and they pay me for it, willingly, because I'm
actually solving their problem. I also would prefer to tackle big, hairy,
audacious goals. I also expect that I'll be better at working in the
laboratory than doing marketing. Basically, all the stuff Livecode is
doing. They're tackling a big problem, which is addressing a major pain
point for me, so I'm happy to support them.

Big projects always end up taking longer and costing more than hoped. I
don't want them to run out of money before they finish grinding through it.