Running LC 6.7.11 and LC V8 on the same Mac

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Thu May 12 16:10:31 EDT 2016

I’m definitely having an issue.

I’m working on a current project LC 6.1.3.

I opened and tested LC 8.

Now, going back to 6.1.3 I’m finding some IDE functions unresponsive:

Inspector — can’t change what it displays, like choosing “Text Formatting” from the pop-down menu doesn’t update the content of the Inspector. Also, clicking on the black arrow in the Inspector to view the lists of field, group, buttons, etc., lists only IDE controls, not my stack controls.

LiveCode Dictionary — I can search for a term , but clicking on result is unresponsive.

Some other script weirdness that I have not seen before. Quitting and opening a new stack seems OK, but going back to my old stacks shows this bad behavior. Moving the stack to another machine showed the same problem, even though I had not opened the release version of LC8 on it. The stacks seem to have been affected by a cantModify property (I tried turning that off — no luck).

This possibly might not have to do with LC8, but it happened at the same time. I tried deleting the preferences User/Library/Preferences/RunRev — not helpful.

Anything else I can do to reset LC 6.1.3?

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA