Running Node (or any unix cmd line program) from Shell from a LC Stack

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun May 8 18:22:46 EDT 2016

On 05/08/2016 04:07 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> It's something about LC now knowing that I have node installed when invoked via shell
>
> BR

Compare what you get when you run 'echo $PATH' in a terminal to what you
get when you run it in LiveCode using shell(). Make sure the directory
that contains whatever executable you might be running is installed in
or linked in a directory that is in the $PATH returned by LiveCode's
shell function. It would appear that it isn't in this case. You can
further test by running 'which [command]' in a terminal and see if it's
located in one of the directories that 'put shell("echo $PATH")'
returns. It's not about which shell (executable), it's about the env and
the $PATH.

Good luck!

Warren