First experience with LC 8.0's Interactive Welcome

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:43:30 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I want to jump into this thread and say "Amen!"

In the months to come, with some luck with pending grants, I want to turn
lots of high school kids onto LiveCode.org with various playlists and
pathways and digital badges.

Getting those newbie kids to get a smooth entry into LiveCode.org without
frustration is a worry. Help is needed desired and requested.

Likewise, as we get moving on these efforts, we'll have a tight feedback
loop -- if they stick with it. Questions, sticking points, screen-shot
updates could come flying about, for good and bad.

Anyone with EXISTING CONTENT in the form of tutorials and LiveCode /
programming / tech exercises that work in an independent nature, I'd love
to hear of them.

Of course, everything needs to get tweaked for LiveCode 8's look and feel.
But, what's out there worthy of sharing?

These are the tutorials / XPs (experiences) I'm charting for the next year.

http://aforathlete.wikia.com/wiki/Technology_XPs

What LiveCode hosted courses should be at the top of the list? What are the
best pathways for getting into LiveCode?

I need urgent action in some of this as the next grant deadline looms
LARGE.

Thanks.

Mark Rauterkus
mark at Rauterkus.com