Community PDF Project (was Revenue and the Open Source edition)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 5 11:56:16 EDT 2016

Kevin Miller wrote:

 > On 05/05/2016, 16:10, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >>Kevin Miller wrote:
 >>
 >> > ...basic display is already possible with the
 >> > browser included in all editions of LC.
 >>
 >> That's kind of a big deal. I'm not sure how so many of us missed
 >> that, but basic display on a card is all most people have been
 >> asking for. Super cool.
 >>
 >> Anyone here using that? Working well on the platforms you're
 >> deploying to?
 >
 > I am, and have been for some time as it happens!

Seems most missed that in whatever Release Notes that was mentioned in.

It never would have occurred to me that a browser engine would also
include its own embedded PDF renderer, separate from any that might be
included in the OS (and IIRC Windows doesn't include one out of the box).

Providing a PDF renderer along with the rest of the HTML rendering with
that browser engine is definitely something work noting in a bullet
point somewhere.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems