VLC and GPL and LC on iOS (was: Re: MergEXT now included with Indy/Business IDE)

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu May 5 01:34:22 EDT 2016

It appears to be in the store under the Mozilla Pubic License. From a press release:

VLC for iOS is fully open-source. Its code will be available online by tomorrow and is bi-licensed under both the Mozilla Public License Version 2 as well as the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later. The MPLv2 is applicable for distribution on the App Store.
We worked hard with all major copyright holders to not repeat history and we are confident to have achieved this goal.