Community PDF Project (was Revenue and the Open Source edition)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 4 14:23:06 EDT 2016

Robert Mann wrote:

 > In a former, not so old, enormous thread dealing with the FOSS
 > license and trying to understand what it meant in practice, one
 > of the conclusion was that *only Livecode can dual license*.
 > Nobody else can do that. And Kevin Miller really pushed hard on
 > that point.

That lengthy thread explored possible ways to attempt to circumvent
LiveCode Community's downstream GPL requirements.  Kevin's comments were
about attempting to use the GPL version to make non-GPL works.

My proposal here was for a possible dual-license option for those with
an appropriate license.  Proprietary works can be created with the
proprietary-licensed editions of LiveCode.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems