Difficulty using Livecode.com

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Mar 31 21:24:50 EDT 2016

As a new user I sometimes find Livecode.com difficult to use.  Generally
speaking I find some parts of it not very intuitive. Specifically I had
this problem:

[1] I go to Livecode.com and click on the Get Started button.

[2] That takes me here: https://livecode.com/download/. Since I have
already downloaded Livecode, I fill out my firstname and email and click
the Get Started button.

[3] I am informed (correctly) that this email is already associated with
a Livecode account, log in (here) instead. So I click (here) and go
here: https://livecode.com/download/ and log in.

[4] Then I am taken to here:
http://livecode.com/account/products/livecode. At this point I am
wondering why I was not taken back to the getting started page to move
on in the app building tutorial.

[5] Not sure what I should do at this point. I go back to livecode.com.
I fill out the form again and click the get started button and receive
the same message about logging in, but I just logged in and the site
seems to know I am logged in because my name is displayed in the upper
right hand corner.

Maybe the page is only for people that do not have an account, but
sending a person that has an account on an endless loop leads to a
frustrating experience.

Of course maybe I am misunderstanding something about the site, if so I
would appreciate someone showing me where I went wrong.

Regards,  Jim