Screen Resolution Dialog problem with Windows 10

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Thu Mar 31 12:39:18 EDT 2016

An user reported seeing a screen resolution dialog in one of my programs that requests a screen resolution of 1024x768 be used. The problem is that  the user reportedly is using a screen resolution of 1920x1080.   She is using Windows 10.

I am using LC 6.1.2 and use the following code in my app stack:

on checkForScreenSize

   IF the platform is "win32"
   then
      if item 3 of the screenRect < 1024 or item 4 of the screenRect < 768 then
         answer error "The Assistant software requires a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution. Please check your Control Panel." with "OK"
         quit
      end if
   end if

   if the platform = "MacOS"
   then
      if item 3 of the screenRect < 1024 or item 4 of the screenRect < 768 then
         answer error "The Assistant software requires a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution. Please check your Display Preferences." with "OK"
         quit
      end if
   end if

end checkForScreenSize

Has anybody encountered this problem with Windows 10?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com