Script Only Stack Architecture

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Thu Mar 31 11:44:03 EDT 2016

Folks:
Reading this kinda makes my head spin. Now I’m thinking it is going to be a heck of a lot more robust for my situation, as a single developer, to not use behaviors at all, but to have a single (possibly script only) substack that holds all of the handlers that I would normally use as behaviors, and just put a call to that handler in each button. I can use “the target”  or “me” as a passed variable to make the action specific to a particular control.

This approach seems a lot less prone to idiosyncrasies and more easily transportable to other apps, to me. It also means that all of my “behavior type scripts” would sit in a single script-only stack, which would make it a lot more convenient to access and edit than a bunch of small script only stacks sitting in my project browser.

Am I wrong. misguided, foolish, or brilliant?

Best,
Bill