Design Challenge -- Round Corner mask on images

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Mar 30 16:16:04 EDT 2016

Alejandro Tejada wrote
> Hi Bernd,
> Did you have a reliable recipe to export (or import)
> a snapshot of an image with a blend mode
> (or ink effect) applied?
>
> Try this:
>
> 1) Import two images:
>
> a) transparent black and white png (ubuntu logo)
> http://design.ubuntu.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-ubuntu_cof-white_black-hex.png
>
> b) color jpg image (ubuntu glass logo)
> https://roboticsclub.org/redmine/projects/scoutmech/repository/revisions/126146b75ea50ed09523a8c2cc85c83ee7d6f93b/entry/docs/DocumentationImages/WebsiteMarketing/WebsiteSlider/ubuntu_glass_logo.jpg
>
> 2) Apply a blend mode (or ink effect)
> like blendPlus or blendMultiply or
> notSrcOr, etc, etc, etc. to these
> images.
>
> 3) Import or export a snapshot
> of these images and place the result
> in the same card. The result is exactly
> like original images, without the
> blend (or ink applied)
>
> How could we import an image
> that shows the ink effect?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Alejandro

for inks you have to make a screenshot from the system-view

------------------------------
on mouseUp
   put the rect of image "sourceImg" into tSourceRect
   put item 1 to 2 of tSourceRect into tTopLeft
   put item 3 to 4 of tSourceRect into tBotRight
   put globalLoc(tTopLeft) into tTopLeft
   put globalLoc(tBotRight) into tBotRight
   export snapshot from rect (tTopLeft & "," & tBotRight) to image "myImg"
as png
end mouseUp
But I think transparency is lost. But you get the ink-mode

tried with notSrcCopy and blendExclusion. worked all right.

Kind regards
Bernd