How to make a group scroll withut a visible scrollbar/by using one finger touch/scroll wheel on a mouse

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Mar 30 15:42:12 EDT 2016

Tore Nilsen wrote
> I have noticed that it is possible to hav a datagrid objekt scroll without
> a visible scrollbar, if the "scroll when vscrollbar is hidden” is set to
> true. when doing so, it is possible to use one finger/scroll wheel to
> scroll up and down in a datagrid, just as you can when the mouse hovers
> over a field. Since the datagrid is a grouped object, it should be
> possible to make other groups behave in the same way. Or at least, I think
> it should be possible. But I seem to be unable to find any help as to how
> to achieve this. Has anyone on the list found a way to make this happen.
>
> Regards
> Tore

Hi Tore

for fields you can set the vScrollbar and set its width to 0

For groups this does not seem to work.

A workaround is to put a script like this into the script of the group

on rawkeydown pKey
   put 6 into tIncrement -- change increment here
   switch pKey
      case 65308
         set the vScroll of me to the vScroll of me + tIncrement
         break
      case 65309
         set the vScroll of me to the vScroll of me - tIncrement
         break
      default
         pass rawkeyDown
   end switch
end rawkeydown

mind you this only works if the content of the group is taller than the
group. You would have to set the lockLoc of the group to true.

Above script triggers a "scrollbarDrag" message. If you don't want this add
some message locking.

Kind regards
Bernd

--
View this message in context: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/How-to-make-a-group-scroll-withut-a-visible-scrollbar-by-using-one-finger-touch-scroll-wheel-on-a-moe-tp4702808p4702821.html