line spacing coming in from text pasted from pdf or .doc

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:06:26 EDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Phil Davis <revdev at pdslabs.net> wrote:

> It sounds like you want the pasted text to leave behind any source
> document-based properties and use those of the field you're pasting into.
> Right?

Not quite.  I want to keep font, italic, bold,size, and the like, which I'm
able to process.

But things like line numbering and line spacing from word seem to come in,
but I can't find anything in the docs to clear them.

I check for "mixed" for pasting in that has mixed size/font to deal with
manually, and otherwise set a custom property so that it can reset.

> During the paste, have you tried putting the clipboardData["text"] into a
> variable, then putting the variable into the field? (Or set the text of the
> selectedChunk to the variable)  That should get rid of any and all text
> properties. Then if your problem is still there, it's probably invisible
> text characters or some such thing - not text props at least.

That loses the formatting that I need, though.

Is there some way to find/parse what style info has been set on the field?
Or documentation or a list of what these properties can be?

thanks

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462