Should before [handler name] trigger when using send?

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Mar 30 11:05:31 EDT 2016

Malte Brill wrote
> Hi all,
>
> before I file a bug on this, I would like to enquire about your opinion.
>
> If in a behavior you have
>
> before resizeControl
>  — do some stuff
> end resizeControl
>
> should this trigger if you send resizeControl to the control from
> somewhere else?
>
> If yes, it does not seem to work in a standalone (but does not trigger an
> error in the IDE). In the standalone it throws a can’t find handler error…
>
> What would you expect to be the correct behavior in this case?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

Hi Malte,

just tested LC8 DP16 in the IDE and a standalone and it works.

I send from a button

on mouseUp
   send "resizeControl" to grc 1
end mouseUp

grc 1 has the script

on resizeControl
   put "resizeControl " && the milliseconds into field "fRes"
end resizeControl

the behavior is

before resizeControl
   beep